Holiday Ideas for the Home and Kitchen

/ Sunday, November 13, 2011 /
Everywhere you look, Christmas is in the air. At the department stores, decorations are up. On the radio, the Christmas music station is in full swing. And online, the holiday gift guides are popping up everywhere. And I am a sucker for these gift guides, especially when they are at some of my favorite stores. So I thought I would share two of the websites I am following thus far.



The first website to catch my eye this season is Terrain. If you hang out with me long enough, you will learn that I have an undying love for the brand Anthropologie. Not only do I drool over the ever-changing clothes, displays, and catalogs, but I have always been a fan of their home goods section. Which is why Terrain, the lifestyles branch of the head company, makes for a welcome addition to my holiday shopping. Terrain carries a plethora of the same home goods you would find in Anthropoligie as well as garden-related items.



Currently, Terrain is only available in two locations: their website and the Pennsylvania shop. The store is called Terrain at Styer's, set in an antique greenhouse on an 11-acre site in Concordville, PA, just outside of Philadelphia. Styer's is a century-old nursery, which also offers a full range of residential landscape services. Terrain hosts in-store events and classes on things like Living Gifts for the Holidays and Holiday Tablescapes. There is even a café serving decadent menu items like Roasted Swordfish, french lentils, roasted cauliflower, thyme butter.

For holiday shopping ideas, gifts ideas range from food items like the Maple Syrup sampler to indoor gardens like the Drop Glass Tillandsia Kit.


But the Mediterranean Trio has to be my favorite thing on this website. Three matching pots hold a miniture rosemary plant, olive tree, and lavender plant - perfect for filling a house with the scents of the outdoors all year round.


As Aric and I have mentioned before, Williams-Sonoma is one of my go websites for everything from recipes to new cookware. So it would only make sense that I would make it my go-to website for holiday shopping for the foodies in my life. I think it is always fun to pick up for others the kitchen tools or accessories that aren’t essentials but are so much fun to have around. The Breville Panini Press, the Ebelskiver filled-pancake pan, and the Imperia Pasta machine are all favorites and were all gifts that I was more than happy to not only receive over the years but also give to those I love.


This year, I think my new favorite has to be the Zoku Quick Pop Maker.

Not only can you create your own customized frozen pops, they have recipe books and a character tool kit to help you make the most of this family-friendly gadget.

Happy shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment