Home-baked Goodness

/ Monday, September 12, 2011 /


Before we get into the kick-off dinner (because that is going to take multiple posts based on the number of photos we have from the festivities), a quick post about cookies. 
Growing up, my mom was (and still is) famous for her desserts. Her cookies and brownies and cupcakes were always the first to go in a bake sale at school. She had to pack at least 4 or 5 extras of whatever dessert she gave me for lunch because I inevitably ended up getting swarmed by half of my classmates and even some teachers, all wanting a piece of the goodness. I guess you could say that my sweet tooth was unavoidable... not that I’m complaining!
Out of all the goodies my mom has made, nothing beats one of her cookies on a day when you just need a pick me up. Whether it was a rough day at school back then or a long day at work now, cookies never fail to help ease the day away.
With that in mind, I baked some Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies last week. But not because Aric or I had a particularly difficult week; rather we recently “adopted” a local college student for the school year. Essentially we are here to offer some moral support and a helpful hand whenever it is needed. So I thought what better way to make him feel welcome than with homemade cookies.  Of course, we threw a few more odds and sods into the welcome basket but I wanted to make sure to have something straight from the oven in there.



I kept a few for ourselves, justifying it by saying it was for photos for the blog, but let’s face it, before we even finished taking the pictures, Aric was asking me to hurry up so he could eat some of the cookies. I’ll admit, I was getting hungry taking the pictures too, what with the lovely photo arrangement Aric had set up.
As we slowly enter into fall weather, I’m sure there will be more cookies to come and new ones to try my hand at... like the chocolate dipped cookie dough balls I spied at the grocery store over the weekend and found the recipe for on Love and Olive Oil's blog!!


Stay tuned for the Kick-off dinner!

Dawn

2 comments:

{ Debi Rose } on: October 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM said...

A good friend of mine who you know very well made these the other day at your recommendation! They were incredible! They'll definitely go into my "tried and liked" files!

{ Dawn and Aric } on: October 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM said...

Glad you liked them Debi! And thanks for reading!

Post a Comment