Drink Station

/ Thursday, September 29, 2011 /



I must apologize. We’ve had a pretty shaky stretch the last week or so trying to find time to add to our blog. Part of the reason is related to Dawn introducing me to Glee. I fought this for a long time. Dawn would always mention how great this show was, but every time she did I would make some sort of a snide comment and dismiss her claims of greatness. Well, on date night a couple of weeks ago we realized that we had watched all the movies and TV shows we owned. It was either re-watch something, or give Glee: The Complete First Season
a try. Well it took all of about 25 minutes for me to become a certified Gleek.

Well tonight I have cleared some time and am determined to touch on a couple of dishes we want to share with you. First off I want to highlight the drink station we created for our kick off dinner a few weeks ago. I don’t know about you guys, but drinks have always been an interesting area for me. The focus of our dinner was absolutely not intended to be the drinks, however we didn’t want to simply serve water and wanted to be a little more creative than buying a couple of bottles of juice from the store. Both our friend Tim Ko and myself love a simple San Pellegrino with fresh lime. There’s not a lot more refreshing than a cold sparkling water with fresh squeezed lime juice. So I decided to see what we could put together in that area. I’ve seen several recipes in magazines highlighting different fruits and vegetables to flavor water. Knowing that everyone attending the dinner had very different tastes we decided to create a drink bar with several choices to flavor the water. We sliced some lime and lemon, cubed some cucumber, and balled some melon and let each person make a drink tailored to their tastes. It was simple to set up, simple to make, and provided a refreshing element to our savory meal. You could substitute any type of fruit or vegetable you think will create a refreshing drink.


This blog posted while listening to Ella Fitzgerald





0 comments:

Post a Comment